Pixelmator PRO on iOS

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2021-04-20 13:00:47

by BartWritesBooks 2021-04-16 20:13:30 What app can you use to open Pixelmator Pro files on iPad ? I am trying to figure out which apps to get to replace Photoshop on both MBP and iPad sine i use both extensively. Thx!
For now, Pixelmator Pro documents are available to edit exclusively on Mac but if you save them as PSDs, you should be able to open such documents in Pixelmator for iOS. We plan to add PXD document support to Pixelmator for iOS in the not too distant future, too.

2021-04-21 10:40:53

by Aurelija
For now, Pixelmator Pro documents are available to edit exclusively on Mac but if you save them as PSDs, you should be able to open such documents in Pixelmator for iOS. We plan to add PXD document support to Pixelmator for iOS in the not too distant future, too.
This has been what your team has been saying for almost a year, really disappointing that it’s taking this long.

2021-04-22 12:42:41

by LunaL
This has been what your team has been saying for almost a year, really disappointing that it’s taking this long.
It's, indeed, been a hot minute since we first announced we're starting this project but the changes we're making are pretty fundamental. With such changes usually comes the risk of breaking something so we really want to make sure that doesn't happen and everything in the upcoming update is working as smoothly as possible. While I can't say we're nearing the finish line just yet, the good news is that a lot has been done already and the developments are steadily moving forward. :muscle:

2021-04-25 05:13:06

With iPad Pros running on the M1 chip with up to 16GB of RAM, plus iPadOS 15 on it’s way, I wonder if there’s a chance Pixelmator Pro will get to see the light of day for iPadOS in the next couple of years.

2021-05-22 20:50:43

The M1 iPad is out! Let’s gooo 🙌🏼✨❤️🔥

2021-05-23 08:31:39

Another +1 for PXD support on iPad, pleaaaase

2021-05-28 02:20:52

Yes please take my money!

2021-05-29 16:28:32

In truth, I don’t know if I’d want a full version of Pixelmator pro for iPad OS. I much prefer the UI that they’ve developed for Pixelmator iOS. It’s easy to find the essential tools and adjust them. What I want is a generous upgrade. 1: Add ML so I can resize layers with near lossless quality. 2: Include a couple extra missing tools like skewing. 3: Fix obnoxious little oddities like how the cloning tool defaults to the center of the whole image instead of the center of my screen (which forces me to leave my current position and go on a hunt thru my image to find the tool I just selected) the darken \ lighten tools don’t work as well as the pre April 2020 upgrade…they seem to desaturate making things grey instead of dark or light. The specialized selection tools don’t work as described. They never guess the edges like you say they will, and they certainly don’t stick to color zones. And why so few shapes? Add these tweaks and I say it’s good enough to call pro for an iPad. I’d hate it if they switched the iPad UI to resemble affinity (which is trying to appear like a desktop UI with its countless tiny undefined buttons that you can’t figure out what they do)

I think Pixelmator for iPad’s charm is in its simplicity and ease of use. They get that it’s an iPad app - and it should be simplified for touch. But now that there are iPads powerhouses out there - it’s time to refine your product and beef up its capabilities. Thank you for a great app.

2021-06-13 02:11:10

Very interested in seeing it on the iPad

2021-06-17 23:22:12

Any update on this? Surely with 16gb of ram on top end iPad Pros pixelmator pro on iPad must be on the horizon?

2021-06-19 17:31:49

by Kiyani 2021-06-18 04:22:12 Any update on this? Surely with 16gb of ram on top end iPad Pros pixelmator pro on iPad must be on the horizon?
Both the devs from ArtStudio Pro and Procreate have said that Apple limits the ram up to 5.1 gb or something like that, even on the new 2021 iPad Pros. Even on their testing of the new iPadOS betas, probably the Pixelmator Team already know that.

I love the idea of getting Pixelmator Pro, I love Pixelmator Photo, so we will have to wait and see…

2021-07-06 14:05:29

by Cybernetic Phoenix 2021-06-19 16:31:49
Both the devs from ArtStudio Pro and Procreate have said that Apple limits the ram up to 5.1 gb or something like that, even on the new 2021 iPad Pros. Even on their testing of the new iPadOS betas, probably the Pixelmator Team already know that.

I love the idea of getting Pixelmator Pro, I love Pixelmator Photo, so we will have to wait and see…

https://www.techspot.com/news/90211-app ... t-ios.html\

Not anymore apparently

2021-08-03 00:08:30

by Kiyani 2021-07-06 19:05:29

https://www.techspot.com/news/90211-app ... t-ios.html\

Not anymore apparently
Oh, wow! Cries in iPad 2020

This will separate the ipad pro line up a lot though, no?

Welp, lets see what the devs of all these pro apps come up with!

2022-02-18 09:45:21

Dear ma'am,

How is it conceivable that, in the year of the Lord of 2022, 4 years after being initially promised for iPadOS version to be under priority development by Dr Andrius, head of the Pixelmator PR Team, there is still no way on Earth to open our hard worked on PXD files, from the MacOS version of the above mentioned programme to any of your apps on an iPad Pro with the same silicon M1 chip found in the newest, top of the line, Macbook Pro?
As a senior Orthopaedic Surgeon, I have personally invested not only countless hours annotating and enhancing my patients MRI files in your programme, using dozen of complex vector layers to fully bring out to light crucial diagnostically relevant details, and spending hours upon hours of my own free time to master the functions your programme has to offer, but also thousands of euros to purchase and import the latest iPad Pro currently available in the US to Montenegro, in the hope that maybe, after the latter updates to the hardware introduced by Dr Cook this year, it would finally be possible to open a simple PXD file on a portable device, so that I could explain in the clearest way possible the pathophysiology and the outcome of the surgery to my bed ridden patients and their loved ones, only to discover that it is still indeed impossible to do so, unless of course I am willing to carry around the ward my iMac.
Am I supposed to believe that such an avant-guarde piece of technology such as the iPad Pro 2021 cannot handle such a simple task? The Pixelmator team has being saying they are working on it for the past 4 years: now, what am I supposed to make of this? Actions have to be taken and promises should not be given so lightheartedly, especially without the abilities to follow up on them.
Hope this help your creative process,
Dr N. Rita, MD PhD

2022-04-24 00:14:33

No news? Dang, kinda sad. Hope we get something out of you guys, don’t let Affinity take the whole cake for them!

2022-06-08 14:00:02

Now that iPadOS 16 offers devs to use storage for virtual memory swap, there is no excuse in terms of the technical requirements for Pixelmator Pro. Also, the new customisable toolbar API should make Pixelmator Pro feel right at home on iPad.

2022-06-09 19:14:55

Yeah, I’m also wondering about Pixelmator Pro for iPad now that the iPad can do virtual memory swap.

2022-06-17 10:49:08

I need Pixelmator pro on iOS. At the very least pxd support, less dumbing down of things like image size, text tool, etc.

Ideally the feature set should be on par with Pixelmator pro for Mac. As of now when moving between my Mac and my iPad, the workflow is extremely convoluted and compromised.

2022-06-20 12:47:18

I am also waiting eagerly for any news at this point. I believe all the stars have aligned on Apples ecosystem (hardware and software, particularly iPadOS 16 is huge stuff) and hopefully the Pixelmator team can update us on any new developments.

At least let us know whether work is being done or not, and if it is, surely there is at least a rough timeframe for our expectations to be satiated?

2022-06-30 14:08:04

Hi Jason, the news shared at this year's WWDC are indeed very exiting! However, I'm afraid I can't really give you a timeframe on Pixelmator Pro for iOS just yet. Some preliminary work has already been done on that front, but we still have quite a while to go.

2022-07-23 09:01:56

Dear users, I am, as a senior, starting a fundraiser. Namely, every eur I get, I will put it towards hiring best of the best IT humans directly from the Silicon Valley in order to teach the staff how app development is done.

I would have done it myself, but unfortunately I can only fluently code in Java, since I was taught the language while serving in the Војномедицинска академија as an orthopaedic surgeon while writing my thesis on Systemic Compulsion Disorder (SCD for short), for which I was awarded the most prestigious awards a Montenegrin can ever be awarded.

2023-01-28 08:58:29

Dr N. Rita said it all eight posts above mine. That's was already a shame and a debacle and one year later again, the iPad Pro M2 is now out! It's been FIVE YEARS guys! Half a decade, that's insane. I'm giving up.

2023-05-29 09:23:33

And there is still no reaction from Pixelmator on this topic??
I like the app … but there are so many basic features missing … it is sad.

2023-10-06 15:24:07

Hello, I join the previous posts to say that there is really a wait for an iPad version of Pixelmator Pro. Despite efforts to bring the iOS version of Pixelmator back to the taste of the day. Many features are missing, and the interface does not especially exploit the ever-larger screens of iPads. Personal opinion, it would be more profitable for Pixelmator Pro to become a universal app for Mac and iPad rather than having a universal app for iPad (becoming mature as a computer) and iPhone.

In any case, I wish you all the best for the future ❤️

2023-12-01 01:32:37

Same here, waiting for PxmPro for iPad so much!