Adjusting pressure sensitivity?

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2020-02-20 04:28:22

Using my Apple Pencil, every line I make is various sizes and various shades of grey. If I want a standard full-black line at the exact pixel width I specified, I have to press way too hard. Or draw with my finger instead, as pressure sensitivity does not effect that, but drawing with one’s finger obviously leads to a far cruder image and more difficult experience than simply using the pencil.

Is there any way to adjust a brush’s pressure sensitivity? Or, if nothing else, simply toggle it off completely so I can have full-black uniform-thickness lines?

This is really the only thing turning me off of using Pixelmator as my primary drawing app.

Thank you!

2020-02-20 15:45:34

Hey Jaret, there isn't a way to turn this off at the moment but you can bet it's something we'd love to add! It's on our roadmap for future updates. :pray:

2021-09-13 08:23:09

Hi there, any updates on this?

Thanks,

Freddy

2021-09-15 14:39:02

by Freddy Flamingo 2021-09-13 05:23:09 Hi there, any updates on this?

Thanks,

Freddy
Nothing to share just yet but we're working on some foundational things in Pixelmator for iOS which, when implemented, should allow for a new painting engine. Once we get to the painting engine, we can then start thinking about potential improvements, including a better Apple Pencil integration. In short, it won't be a very quick change to make.