Spinning wheel and crashing.

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2020-08-15 21:55:29

Whenever I click “image” to return to the main folder the little spinning wheel takes forever now. I’ve clocked it anywhere from 10 to 20 seconds. Which sounds like not much, but takes forever when you are in the middle of a complicated project. It will also frequently never stop spinning which requires me to force quit the app and relaunch. I usually don’t lose what I’m working on, so maybe it’s just a bug in trying to reload the main file selection screen? It will often remove my Pixelmator folder from favorites, forcing me to go find it and put it back. Doesn’t matter what project I’m working on, a single layer or multi-layer, high res, low res. It happens all the time. Just me? Any fix in the works for this?

2020-08-16 13:22:49

Dear Ben Hermes,

I have very often a disturbing rainbow spinning wheel! Not only with Pixelmator but with all kinds of apps. Asking about this at Apple Help they said that my Mac is too busy at that moment. Maybe the Time Machine is busy making a backup of your system?
But a have this disturbing spinning wheel also when my Time Machine is not working. And it last sometimes more than 20 minutes! So then I restart my Mac.
Indeed, very irritating! I never experienced this in Windows...

2020-08-16 20:13:03

Interesting...Well for me...this is occurring on my iPad, and it’s a brand new iPad Pro 2020 - so it can’t be the same issue I wouldn’t think. It started happening after the last big pixelmator update which brought the new file manager interface.

2020-08-17 14:43:12

Sorry, I can't help you with iPad.
I do hope somebody else will?
Good luck!

2020-08-18 15:52:11

by Ben Hermes 2020-08-16 17:13:03 Interesting...Well for me...this is occurring on my iPad, and it’s a brand new iPad Pro 2020 - so it can’t be the same issue I wouldn’t think. It started happening after the last big pixelmator update which brought the new file manager interface.
Hey Ben, could you email us about this at support@pixelmator.com? Thanks in advance!