Using installed fonts on iOS?

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2021-02-28 19:44:42

I’ve installed fonts from Adobe’s Creative Cloud app. The fonts show in Settings and other apps such as Keynote. For Pixelmator, I only see the default iOS fonts, not the ones installed. I’m wondering if there’s anything else I’m supposed to toggle in the app or if it’s not possible to use installed fonts.

2021-03-17 13:25:35

Hey, Jeriel. If the fonts show up in iOS-native apps like Keynote, they should appear in Pixelmator as well, technically. Just wondering, are you browsing the fonts in the Add or the Format menu?

2021-03-17 21:43:38

by Aurelija 2021-03-17 20:25:35 Hey, Jeriel. If the fonts show up in iOS-native apps like Keynote, they should appear in Pixelmator as well, technically. Just wondering, are you browsing the fonts in the Add or the Format menu?
I’m browsing in the Format menu, with the paintbrush icon.

2021-03-25 11:33:45

Understood. I believe you're running Pixelmator 2.6.3? And could you let me know which iOS version you're currently on?

2021-03-25 23:50:59

Yes Pixelmator 2.6.3 on iPadOS 14.4.1

2021-04-07 07:38:21

Thanks for the additional info. Unfortunately, the issue still isn't reproducing that easily for us. You've mentioned that you can see the custom installed fonts in Keynote. Do they also appear in the Mail app on your device? The Mail app uses the same font picker as Pixelmator, so if the fonts are there, the issue is most likely coming from Pixelmator itself, if not — it's a system bug. In both cases, it would probably be a good idea to restart your device and reinstall a fresh copy of Pixelmator from the App Store.

2021-04-07 19:55:44

I just checked the mail app and custom installed fonts also don’t show up. I don’t know if it helps, but my custom fonts are from the Adobe Creative Cloud app.

2021-04-13 13:27:42

Thanks for checking that. Since this appears to be a system-level issue, it would be best to report it to the Apple devs. We'd be happy to do that for you but we'd need a few bits of info from your device. Perhaps you could email us at support@pixelmator.com about this? I'll tell you more about how to collect this info.