Stay with pixelmator or not ?

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2021-03-04 18:58:54

I have been away from drawing for a long time and think I may get back at it . Using paint and brushes or my airbrush required more clean up time then it was worth. My iPad Pro is less work and mistakes are repairable. My problem is this, I want to choose between spending more time learning either Pixelmator, Artrage, or Sketches and not jump back and forth from one app to the other and not be proficient at any one the apps that I have.
So i have come to the community for advise and to have a few questions answered. I have been away from pixelmator for a while now and see its all new to me, so, how do I start a drawing ? What do I touch to get a blank page, and how , if possible can I change the all black background color with white letters to white background and black letters? I find the black annoying and difficult to read.

2021-03-09 17:29:29

Hey there! The best resource for learning Pixelmator for iOS is probably the User Guide that you can find here. There have been quite a few updates introduced to Pixelmator since the release of this guide, though, so in case you find any inconsistencies can also check out the Help Guide for reference. Besides, we're seriously considering a new painting engine for Pixelmator, so it just might be worth staying with it for a while. :)

2021-03-13 19:04:23

Now is not the time to ask the obvious, like , when and how much? I would guess that you are not at liberty to comment. I will wait, I still have my version 2.6.3 to use on my iPad Pro. 10.5 inch. If you could answer why white fonts on a black background, that would be nice. I would prefer black fonts on white. Thanks for the help guide link, I am reading it now and like it so far.

2021-03-17 13:18:29

by DJM 2021-03-13 17:04:23 Now is not the time to ask the obvious, like , when and how much? I would guess that you are not at liberty to comment. I will wait, I still have my version 2.6.3 to use on my iPad Pro. 10.5 inch. If you could answer why white fonts on a black background, that would be nice. I would prefer black fonts on white. Thanks for the help guide link, I am reading it now and like it so far.
We plan to ship various updates and improvements to Pixelmator gradually over the coming year, so there isn't really one set date I could share. As for the look of the app — dark mode is default to Pixelmator at the moment but light mode (black text on white) would definitely be a great addition. That's probably something we can look into with the next round of interface updates.