Pixelmator Pro 1.1.3 out now

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2018-08-14 13:51:07

We've just shipped a smaller update to Pixelmator Pro with a couple sweet new features — you can now convert selections into shapes! — and some stability improvements and bug fixes. You can find the full release notes about the update on our What's New page:

https://www.pixelmator.com/pro/updates/

P.S. We're working on something a little bigger for the next point update and hope to share some news with you about it soon.

2018-08-21 21:37:25

you can now convert selections into shapes!
I can't believe that I had the beta for two weeks and didn't notice this. Thanks for adding this. I've missed it.

2018-08-23 07:30:56

by st3f I can't believe that I had the beta for two weeks and didn't notice this. Thanks for adding this. I've missed it.
Our pleasure!

P.S. What would you say is at the top of the list of things you miss from the original Pixelmator?

2018-08-23 15:54:46

What would you say is at the top of the list of things you miss from the original Pixelmator?
Tricky question. If you'd asked me a month back I think it would have been convert selection to shape.

Probably the big one for me now is Edit in Quick Mask Mode. Sometimes, because I want to paint a selection, but mostly because I can see the extent of a soft edged selection easily with a single button press. What I do in Pixelmator Pro is click on the refine selection button to get the yellow overlay for the same purpose.

Ideally, I'd love to live in a world where I can move data seamlessly between shapes, selections, masks, layer luminocity, layer opacity, and colour channels, but that's a huge leap (or a whole load of smaller ones).

2018-08-24 10:56:51

by st3f Probably the big one for me now is Edit in Quick Mask Mode. Sometimes, because I want to paint a selection, but mostly because I can see the extent of a soft edged selection easily with a single button press. What I do in Pixelmator Pro is click on the refine selection button to get the yellow overlay for the same purpose.
That's an unexpected choice, I must say... Nevertheless, we do have Quick Mask mode in mind!