Can I upgrade pixelmator to pixelmator PRO in a MAC?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2019-12-17 20:58:51

Sheesh, let's see... you can't even BUY photoshop anymore, you can only subscribe. And how much is that subscription those days?

Looks like 10 bucks a month.

120 bucks a year.

So by NOT using PhotoShop (haven't even opened the last legit copy I have in over 5 years) I saved nearly 1000 bucks just in subscription costs... and before that the UPGRADES to PhotoShop (which seemed to come out annually) were several HUNDRED dollars.

You know what? I think I can pop for the extra upgrade monies.

2022-06-18 18:00:20

I just created this account to pass my opinion about the lack of customer service here. I just bought a new M1 MacBook Pro and wanted to install Pixelmator. Turns out it's not supported anymore so I should buy a new product. I bought Pixelmator like 1-2 years ago so when I got the message that "After 10 Years of free Support we don't work on developing it any further" doesn't resonate with me. It makes me mad that I was even ready to pay a reasonable upgrade amount and clicked on the button "Upgrade" just to realize I have to pay the exact same price as anyone else that just begins to use Pixelmator Pro today. That's not right and bad customer treatment.

I feel cheated on and will look for a photoshop crack now. Tried to be righteous but the Dark Side is calling again..

2022-06-18 18:22:40

You may want to check out whether it's Pixelmator or your computer that is the issue. I'm on a 2018 Mac M1 and using it just fine, but I did have issues with my older mac that I could no longer update the Operating System any further (Apple sucks with this) and therefore many of my apps started to slowly no longer allow me to upgrade them or they would upgrade them and then they would no longer work. Was a mess.

Definitely wasn't a Pixelmator issue and if you're having trouble, try uninstalling and reinstalling it, that sometimes does the trick on both Windows and Mac apps. Hope this helps and sorry you're having issues, I feel your pain.

2022-06-21 08:57:49

Just a small nit pick: M1 Macs first generation are from 2020. And there are patcher that allows running recent macOS on older machines than Apple wants to.

2022-06-21 09:11:58

by Jascha I just created this account to pass my opinion about the lack of customer service here. I just bought a new M1 MacBook Pro and wanted to install Pixelmator. Turns out it's not supported anymore so I should buy a new product. I bought Pixelmator like 1-2 years ago so when I got the message that "After 10 Years of free Support we don't work on developing it any further" doesn't resonate with me. It makes me mad that I was even ready to pay a reasonable upgrade amount and clicked on the button "Upgrade" just to realize I have to pay the exact same price as anyone else that just begins to use Pixelmator Pro today. That's not right and bad customer treatment.

I feel cheated on and will look for a photoshop crack now. Tried to be righteous but the Dark Side is calling again..
I don´t get why Pixelmator won´t run on M1 through Rosetta2.0 at least .But for not being able to update in the App Store, you can thank the apple juice factory for refusing to include such a feature but not the developers here.