History list in Pro?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2017-11-29 21:40:44

Hello! I know you can continuously press⌘+ Z to continue to undo something, but is there a list somewhere in Pixelmator Pro that shows all changes made? Something like the history list in photoshop.

Thanks! LOVE the app!

2017-11-30 18:21:03

This is not yet available in Pixelmator Pro I'm afraid

2018-11-15 23:53:14

HISTORY is such a valuable tool. Can I encourage you to somehow make it available? Or am I out of date and it already exists?

2018-11-16 14:45:49

You can definitely encourage us! This feature is on the feature request list, so it's more or less on the roadmap, although it's not a top priority just yet.

2019-02-28 21:56:05

I can't find History so I guess it's still not available.
One more vote here to encourage making History avaliable ASAP
Kind regards

2019-03-01 14:44:41

by Aleksandar Kuduz 2019-02-28 21:56:05 I can't find History so I guess it's still not available.
One more vote here to encourage making History avaliable ASAP
Kind regards
Noted! :pray:

2019-03-01 15:41:20

+1

2019-08-25 13:40:34

Voting +1 also for that that history should be saved with PXD file so that it could be possible to revert changes at later stage after closing/opening file.

2019-08-27 16:15:16

by lwinch2006 2019-08-25 13:40:34 Voting +1 also for that that history should be saved with PXD file so that it could be possible to revert changes at later stage after closing/opening file.
Feature request noted — for now, you could also choose File > Revert To > Browse All Versions to revert to a previous version of your file.

Hope that helps!

2019-11-04 01:23:29

I'll add my vote to having a "history list" panel that I could keep in view somewhere. Saving history in PXD files would be even better, but even if that's not the case, just having the history list that I can click around on and keep an eye on would be great. Thank you.

2019-11-06 16:23:00

by MikeGR 2019-11-04 01:23:29 I'll add my vote to having a "history list" panel that I could keep in view somewhere. Saving history in PXD files would be even better, but even if that's not the case, just having the history list that I can click around on and keep an eye on would be great. Thank you.
We've still got this in mind, but not for the upcoming series of updates. Maybe in the ones after that. :wink:

2020-05-12 18:55:28

I'm just going to add my vote on this. A history list is an invaluable tool in Photoshop and would help me fully migrate from Adobe's program to yours. Love the rest of the program though, but this would really help.

2020-05-13 14:46:11

by Victor Lazaro I'm just going to add my vote on this. A history list is an invaluable tool in Photoshop and would help me fully migrate from Adobe's program to yours. Love the rest of the program though, but this would really help.
Noted! :pray:

2020-06-03 10:45:31

by Victor Lazaro 2020-05-12 18:55:28 I'm just going to add my vote on this. A history list is an invaluable tool in Photoshop and would help me fully migrate from Adobe's program to yours. Love the rest of the program though, but this would really help.

I support!

2020-06-03 14:17:45

:ok_hand:

2020-06-14 11:23:16

Same remark as Victor Lazaro ! If you can implement history tool it will help me to leave Photoshop definitely ! Another thing : your Hell / Dark effect tool is great (hope it's the right name : I work with the french version) ... but could be better if we could (just like in Photoshop) act on two different parameters : intensity of the function AND range of the tones, it is applied to !!!

You make a great job, and I am really impressed !

2020-09-13 01:02:53

I just upgraded and was *really* hoping this feature would be added. It's amazing for workflow. Must be some serious reason they haven't implemented. Maybe memory requirements? I would think you could at least give users the option.

2020-09-14 11:53:26

by vidoqo I just upgraded and was *really* hoping this feature would be added. It's amazing for workflow. Must be some serious reason they haven't implemented. Maybe memory requirements? I would think you could at least give users the option.
It's not the memory requirements that are the issue, it's more about designing this feature in a way that makes sense for Pixelmator Pro. While it can often seem that the thing that you'd like to see added should be priority number one, we have quite a few different competing priorities related to the various functionalities and uses of Pixelmator Pro. This is, most certainly, a feature we think makes sense for the app but right now isn't the time for it.

2020-09-23 01:18:41

Full time photographer here, Testing out the trial version of Pixelmator Pro for first time. After editing a few images I was surprised to discover there is no "History listing." That is a critical, time-saving tool for me, versus using command Z repeatedly. Cheers.

2020-10-06 21:39:16

Same here... without History the app is almost useless 'cause you can't compare changes you made (or maybe there is another way for that)?

2020-11-22 18:19:04

It would be cool to have a back/and forward button like command + z and shift command z in the tool bar as a button + a dedicated button for the history of actions.

2020-11-24 16:24:06

As a long retired Adobe graphics instructor and photograph hobbiest the move of Adobe to cloud based 64 bit apps just can not be justified monetarily. Currently I dual boot my Mac Pro between Mohave for 32 bit apps and Catalina for 64 bit apps with Adobe lightroom on an old PC.
When editing and inserting missing sports team members into photographs for print I have many layers of splicing and inserting images and then the inserts have to be matched to the original shoot in lighting, focus, position and perspective. I thought I had found my 64 bit Photoshop replacement with Pixelmator Pro but without the history palette it fails miserably so Gimp it is until History is added to Pixelmator. I'll check the next version for inclusion.

2020-11-26 16:02:14

Hey Larry, thanks for the feedback. As far as I'm aware, a history feature isn't in our plans for the next round of updates, but it's definitely something we see value in including. Fingers crossed we can make you happy one day. :wink:

2020-12-01 18:36:07

Hello,
I'd like to add my vote for a History of adjustments feature in Pixelmator Pro. Hopefully the more people vote for or comment on its usefulness the sooner it will advance in the app's roadmap.
Thanks for a great product!

2020-12-02 11:53:35

by photon Hello,
I'd like to add my vote for a History of adjustments feature in Pixelmator Pro. Hopefully the more people vote for or comment on its usefulness the sooner it will advance in the app's roadmap.
Thanks for a great product!
Although they're not the most important factor, regular reminders and additional votes most certainly have an impact. :wink: