Applying "foundation" to a model's face in Pixelmator Pro

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-01-12 15:19:43

This is a tip I discovered while using Pixelmator Pro.

I took some pictures of my wife and here face looked a little uneven and blown out. It was as if her make-up went on unevenly. This is what I did to balance color in here face.

Brush Color
c- 9
m - 15
y - 22
k - 0

Of course you can play with those number and they probably would be different depending on skin tone. (The following maybe a statement of the obvious) If you want to mess with the red tones of the face, adjust Magenta, yellows-adjust with Yellow, oranges- adjust Magenta and Yellows, and the darkness of the “foundation” with Black.

Scattered Brush

Brush Size - 124
Opacity - 70
Brush spacing - 13
Shape angle - -69
Smudge - 0

I’m taking shoulder up pictures, so the Brush size can be adjust if the model is at a different proximity. Brush space, too, could be adjusted depending on proximity.

Even notice how some women put their foundation on a little thicker that other women? You have that control with this “foundation”. To really pack the “foundation” on, up the opacity. To have a lighter more subtle look, back off on the opacity.

Using this technique, I could balance the facial tones and and bring a little more color to the face.

2021-09-08 11:20:19

Are you sure it works this way?

This is the first I've heard of

2021-09-08 11:36:38

Exactly if there is too much foundation on the person's face, it can mess up the photo.

2021-09-10 15:12:00

What exactly did you not like or are you interested in?

2021-09-10 15:13:58

I understand this problem with the photographer because my good friend is also an exceptional photographer. When I need pictures, I call him. I don't do my makeup before the photo shoot, but I ask someone professional to do makeup for such photo sessions. So as not to complicate the situation of the photographer, to edit much more after that. The last photoshoot by my photographer friend was a semi-nude one where we applied a body glow product. I was so excited about that body glow that I said I had to buy it myself, to use it at the parties I go to more often.