Move guides in Pixelmator Pro?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-01-30 11:03:59

Used to use the old Pixelmator where you could manually move guides after placing them.

Can't seem to do move them in Pixelmator Pro.

How does it work?

Thanks.

2018-01-30 17:35:05

You should still be able to do this, you just need to make sure the Arrange tool (V) is selected. Or are you looking for a different feature?

2018-01-30 17:45:37

by Andrius 2018-01-30 17:36:08 You should still be able to do this, you just need to make sure the Arrange tool (V) is selected. Or are you looking for a different feature?
Thanks for the reply.

Is this a new feature? Might've remembered wrongly but you used to be able to drag the guides with any tool selected.

2018-01-31 07:32:38

It's the same in the original Pixelmator, the only thing that's changed is the Shape and Type tools don't automatically switch over to the Arrange/Move tool after you add a layer. So, in the original Pixelmator, say you add a guide, add some text, then try to move the guide, it'll work because after adding the text, the Move tool gets selected automatically. In Pixelmator Pro, you'd still have the Type tool selected, so it wouldn't be possible to move the guide. At least that's my guess at what could feel different even if the overall functionality is the same.

2018-08-27 15:45:10

Not sure if this question belongs here, but I'm trying to figure out how to rotate a selection with the move guides (assuming those are the little white squares on the edges of the selection).

I used to be that if you moved the cursor toward one of the corner guides, you would get a little double-ended arrow that would let you freely rotate the selection. I can't get that function to show up; all I can do is resize the selection, not rotate it. Am I missing something?

2018-08-27 16:01:20

Whoops. Never mind. Hold down CMD...