Performance issues

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-06-07 16:47:29

I have some real challenges with performance when using any of the painting tools. I don't think I can upload a video here on the forum but I have placed one in Dropbox if you want to take a look. It clearly shows the app not keeping up. BTW, this is with a Wacom but really it doesn't matter what I use. The file is quite large but even after resampling, there is no change.

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ehdl6lwlblkc ... e.mov?dl=0

Also, I can't seem to find a brush that would work as a good "airbrush." Even with full softening, it doesn't lay down a smooth spray.

2018-06-08 08:18:58

That's a pretty big file indeed! We're working on improving painting performance at the moment, but for now, if you're painting, working in images up to 2-3k pixels is probably best.

As for the brush you're looking for, have you tried any of the brushes in the Sprays category?

2018-06-10 18:41:43

by Andrius 2018-06-08 08:18:58 That's a pretty big file indeed! We're working on improving painting performance at the moment, but for now, if you're painting, working in images up to 2-3k pixels is probably best.

As for the brush you're looking for, have you tried any of the brushes in the Sprays category?
Some of the files I create are uploaded to Stock sites, and those sites have a minimum size requirement, but also the larger the file size the more you can potentially make (selling the larger size vs. a smaller one). So, I try to make the file a little larger than usual and downsize to meet the "maximum" requirement. This has not been a problem in Photoshop but as I transition to new software I am running into challenges.

"Spray": That is the first place I looked. To much splatter or grainy for my taste. Also, what I think I have found is that with a file this large the brushes I choose don't necessarily scale up enough. On a smaller image it things work as you would expect.