Can I add a new shape into Pixelmator Pro library? Specifically a hexagon.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-06-07 18:17:32

I want to add a generic hexagon shape into my Pixelmator Pro 1.1. Any way to possibly do this?

Thanks

2018-06-07 18:54:58

Hi!

If you open an svg-file in Pixelmator Pro then you can drag a layer from that file to the shapes palette (View > Show Shapes)

So, for example, open this file in Pixelmator Pro: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... exagon.svg
Then open the shapes palette and drag the layer to the palette. It will now be added as a shape that you can edit etc.

Hope that works out for you.

2018-06-07 19:52:10

thank you so much.. hopefully i'll get better at figuring out the software better.

Again, thanks so much.. I got it to work and that's a credit to you..

Much appreciated.

~Rich

2023-12-02 15:12:16

by Sebastiaan Hi!

If you open an svg-file in Pixelmator Pro then you can drag a layer from that file to the shapes palette (View > Show Shapes)

So, for example, open this file in Pixelmator Pro: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... exagon.svg

How do you open the above file IN Pixelmator?

2023-12-02 19:58:43

Simply select the file text, R click and hold to see the pop down menu. Image
Download the file. Go to that downloads location in Finder.. select and hold - Drag and drop the downloaded file into the left layer column of an open PixPro window - that places the item in PixPro. THEN go to the shapes menu. At the top in one of your Shapes categories just click the + (plus sign) and if your hexagon is still selected it will go into that shape library. I added it to my Basic shape library:

BTW, You can take the just above shown basic star and change it to a six point star (or any number of points) Drag the outermost green anchor point up or down to change it. Then using the other innermost green anchor point you can move it make custom fully adjustable hexa(poly)gons. Or choose the polygon or rhombus shape to make a perfect hexa(poly)gon by moving its green anchor point.

2023-12-08 16:44:40

In Pixelmator Pro, go for the 'Shapes' tool, pick 'Custom' and set sides to 6 for that sweet hexagon.

2023-12-08 22:25:47

As mentioned above.