How to "arrange"/move multiple layers simultaneously or a layer group in Pixelmator Pro?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-06-25 15:32:49

I have a layer group selected and want to be able to move multiple shapes simultaneously. Whenever I click on a specific layer though, only one layer is selected and I am unable to move multiple layers as a group... is there some keyboard shortcut on a map or a specific way to be able to do this?

2018-06-25 17:46:46

Hi Sata.

First thing I'd check is that you are on the latest version of both macOS (10.3.5) and Pixelmator Pro (1.1.1). There may be a select problem that has been fixed in the latest version.

If you are already using the latest version and are still having a select problem then I'd recommend temporarily turning off Auto Select.
To do this, with the Arrange tool selected, control-click* on the canvas and uncheck Auto Select. You will now be able to move the selected items without the mouse pointer getting distracted by other, tastier, items. When you are done, control-click on the canvas and reactivate Auto Select because you will, if you are anything like me, forget you turned it off and wonder why you can't select anything any more. :smiley:

Hope this helps.

- Stef.
*or right-click or two-finger-click. Whatever you are comfortable with.