Blending in Pixelmator - exporting PSD Pro ?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-07-04 18:46:01

Since I can find no reference to layer blend modes in PixPro I decided to export PSD from PixPro and try to open the PSD in plain Pix which did accept PSD (before) but it came in as a single layer so I could not use any plain Pix excellent blend modes (that are so easy, available on every layer!) So does thePixPro export PSD work for layers? And, why am I always expecting PixPro to be better than plain Pix? Also, I confirmed the plain Pix does support exporting PSD layers properly while PixPro apparently does not.

2018-07-05 10:20:51

I addressed the blending modes question in the other thread you replied in, but I'll just copy my response here as well:
Blending modes are 100% available in Pixelmator Pro. You can use the Style to change the blending mode of a layer, and here's the section of the Pixelmator Pro Help manual that explains this:

http://help.pixelmator.com/pixelmator-pro/1.1/#905

You can also use the Help menu in Pixelmator Pro to search for topics like this, and typing the words 'blend' or 'blending mode' should bring up a few different, relevant articles.
As for the issue with exporting PSDs, that certainly shouldn't be happening — could you email us about this at support@pixelmator.com? We'll take a closer look at what could be going on. :pray: