Pixelmator Pro importing shapes

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-07-18 08:23:57

I already own pixelmator & have used it for a while. I just bought pixelmator pro & I cannot find any option to import the shapes I purchased from "shapes for pixelmator". For now seems like only method is to open it from pixelmator then copy the layer to the pro.

2018-07-18 08:35:51

Can you drag and drop them onto the Shapes pallette?

2018-07-18 10:31:55

by st3f 2018-07-18 05:35:51 Can you drag and drop them onto the Shapes pallette?
No there doesn't seem to be. Is also strange it doesn't allow drag & drop of SVG but only if I open & copy a layer.

2018-07-18 14:26:23

by hassan 2018-07-18 08:23:57 I cannot find any option to import the shapes I purchased from "shapes for pixelmator".
That’s mainly because the 'Shapes for Pixelmator' app doesn't really belong to the Pixelmator Team and only the developers of this app can decide where the shapes will be imported. At this point in time, it’s the classic Pixelmator and we really have no power of changing that. However, it is still possible to import shapes to the Pixelmator Pro either by using the method you described or by dragging the shapes from the Pixelmator Shapes palette onto your desktop (or some other folder on your Mac) and then dropping the PXS files to the Pixelmator Pro icon in the Dock.