Workflow with Apple Photos

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-12-22 10:50:39

Hi All.

I often use Pixelmator Pro to do quick edits on images that reside in Apple Photos. Does anyone have a workflow that is fairly simple and does as many of the following as simply as possible?

1. Creates the minimum of files (if I'm just doing a quick edit, I'm not going to want keep the .pxd file)
2. Edits at full res.
3. Keeps metadata.
4. Inserts the edited file back into Photos for the day the picture was taken (don't care if it's a new image or an edit of the existing).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

- Stef.

2018-12-22 11:12:54

Have you tried using the Edit With feature in Photos? Control-click a photo in your library, choose Edit With > Pixelmator Pro. After you’re finished editing, choosing File > Save in Pixelmator Pro will save over the original, but will be revertable in Photos. I’m on my phone right now, so I can’t double-check for you but that should do exactly what you’re looking for.

2018-12-22 12:30:14

That sounds exactly what I want. I was opening the image from inside Pixelmator Pro and thinking, “There has to be an easier way than this.”

Unfortunately I, too am on my phone but will check later when I’m back on the laptop.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas.

Stef.

2018-12-22 12:44:47

by st3f 2018-12-22 09:30:56 That sounds exactly what I want. I was opening the image from inside Pixelmator Pro and thinking, “There has to be an easier way than this.”

Unfortunately I, too am on my phone but will check later when I’m back on the laptop.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas.

Stef.
Last-minute Christmas shopping as well, eh? :smile:

2019-01-09 03:57:11

Andrius: Excellant. Control-click on the photo before going to edit was key.

2019-01-09 09:39:50

by dbourne 2019-01-09 03:57:11 Andrius: Excellant. Control-click on the photo before going to edit was key.
Happy to help!