[Solved] How do I scroll horizontally?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-01-17 03:22:57

Hello,

I just bought Pixelmator Pro 1.5.4. The absence of a horizontal scrollbar is driving me nuts. I have a normal USB mouse, which doesn't support gestures: so, scrollbars are a must for me. In fact, I've set my Mac to always show scrollbars in System Preferences > General. Going back to my original question, if I've zoomed into an image in Pixelmator Pro, how do I move the view area to the left or to the right? I can't figure it out!

Pardon my ignorance!

2020-01-17 08:01:25

Hi Charles.
If I'm using a mouse, I tend to pan around the image by holding Space and dragging the canvas. You could also use the Navigator in the Zoom tool or, as I'm guessing you have a wheel mouse (you weren't worried about vertical scrolling) you could use the Shift key as a modifier to scroll horizontally.
Hope this helps.
- Stef.

2020-01-17 13:41:25

by st3f 2020-01-17 13:01:25 If I'm using a mouse, I tend to pan around the image by holding Space and dragging the canvas.
Perfect, this works great. Thank you so much!
by st3f 2020-01-17 13:01:25 as I'm guessing you have a wheel mouse [...] you could use the Shift key as a modifier to scroll horizontally.
Yes, I do have a wheel mouse. Wheel + Shift key works even better. You're a life saver!