HEIC saving with colorful line across the top

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-01-18 18:56:10

Hello! I've had an intermittent issue with images that I've saved as .heic appearing with a colored (usually green) line or stripe at the very top of the image. This is occurring when working with large TIFF files of negatives that I've scanned - after performing some edits, I'll often save a copy of it as an .heic, and a good portion of the time, this small (2 pixels tall) line appears across the top of the saved image. I haven't noticed this occurring when exporting to other file types. Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

2020-01-18 18:57:48

Image Here's a quick example, for reference

2020-01-20 16:37:59

Hi there, I notice you've said this happens intermittently but does it, by any chance, happen intermittently between files and consistently with specific ones? If so, it'd be great if you could share one of these original TIFFs with us at support@pixelmator.com. Actually, even if it doesn't happen consistently, a sample file would be very helpful.

Thanks!

2020-01-20 21:06:49

Hi Andrius,

Great question! I just tried it with a couple of files, and while this was far from an exhaustive test, at first glance it appears to be consistent. I took two TIFFs, one which ended up with a colored band when exported as HEIC, another which had no banding issue. I brought the TIFFs into Pixelmator Pro, then exported them as HEIC (quality 100%). The one that originally had a banding issue had it again, the one that did not have the band originally didn't have it the second time either. Both were high quality (3200 dpi) negative scans, and I believe the original scan settings were identical. I would be happy to send along those sample files to the email address you supplied. Thanks!

2020-04-18 15:16:19

Hey, sorry to revive an old thread, but I’m also having this issue. It’s been happening consistently with my photos exported as HEIF 100%.

2020-04-20 14:47:33

by Hunter 2020-04-18 15:16:19 Hey, sorry to revive an old thread, but I’m also having this issue. It’s been happening consistently with my photos exported as HEIF 100%.
Would you be able to share a sample PXD file and your Mac specs + Pixelmator Pro version with us at support@pixelmator.com? We'll take it from there!