Three Questions | Re: Auto-Crop, Watermarks & App Store Purchases

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-04-01 15:58:23

Hey guys,

Been enjoying Pixelamtor Pro for iPad for some time now. Thanks for designing such a fantastic product!

Three questions:

1. If I purchased Pixelmator Pro on iPad, do I need to re-purchase it (at full price) for my MBP? On launching the App Store I see the cost is $59.99 [CAD]; but I'm not sure this takes into account my previous purchase.

2. Is there a way to automate, or even simply add, watermarks on the iPad version of Pixelmator Pro? All the tutorials I've found so far refer to the desktop version. If there is no way to do so on iPad, can you please confirm that the desktop version has this functionality?

And lastly,

3. I'd like to batch-crop multiple files, but have a say on how/where the crop occurs. I assume this is not possible on iPad, as I've yet to see it in my trials. Is this a functionality that exists on desktop?

Thanks again!

2020-04-02 15:54:33

Hi Shay, there isn't a Pixelmator Pro for iPad app, but I'm guessing you're probably referring to Pixelmator Photo.

1. The iOS and Mac App Store are pretty much separate for one-time purchase apps, so we can't provide these kinds of discounts. That may be slightly outdated info with Catalyst apps but, in this case, as there isn't a Pixelmator Pro for iPad, that wouldn't have an effect. Maybe in the future!

2. There currently isn't a way to watermark images in Pixelmator Photo but it is a feature we're considering for future updates. It is possible to watermark images (one by one or in batches) in Pixelmator Pro on desktop, though.

3. As for specifying a cropping 'direction' when batch cropping — this also isn't possible but I'll make sure to pass the idea on to the team! Pixelmator Pro doesn't have a way to batch crop images but I can see us adding a Crop Images action to Automator. Again, I'll pass this on to the rest of the team!

Hope that answers your questions!