Can We do something like this?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-04-21 01:13:18

Is something like this possible using Pixelmator Pro?
Not the cover, able to do that, the aspect of the final image I mean.
Hope that makes sense
Thanks

2020-04-22 13:48:35

Yes, I'd say that's possible and there are few different ways to get the result. It's essentially an image with its perspective transformed below a bunch of other layers with their perspective transformed. I'd probably go about this by first creating the front page design itself, then adding the finished design to the mockup. The trickiest thing to do in Pixelmator Pro is warping images to the shape of rounded objects and there's a slight bend in this mockup but it shouldn't cause too many problems because it's very subtle. Is this a PSD mockup you found online somewhere? If you have a link to it and it's freely downloadable, I could take a look at it and see how you could use it in Pixelmator Pro.

2020-04-23 06:29:10

Thanks Andrius.

Yeah it's all about the perspective nothing else.
Not fussed about the "flex" in the finished item.
That was done in PS I'd think.
I just grabbed it as an example of what I'm trying to achieve.

I've already got some covers of books I'm about to put online and thought hey can we do something like this? I did some digging but got stuck and figured this place would be a good start.

Thanks

2020-04-26 15:12:27

Cool, in that case, this should be a useful first resource:

https://help.pixelmator.com/pixelmator-pro/1.6/#1166

If you expand the questions on that page, you'll see more information about how to distort layers and change their perspective. However, that's a destructive action and if you'd like to do the same nondestructively, you could also use an effect:

https://help.pixelmator.com/pixelmator-pro/1.6/#1121

The Perspective Transform effect is the one you'd need.

2020-04-26 22:09:23

Thank you so much
Search works brilliantly when you use the right terms when doing so. :pray:

2020-04-27 08:37:01

If you're searching on the Help page directly, we're fixing some things and making some improvements and things are a little bit broken just now — everything should be sorted this week. Searching via the Help menu in the app itself should work just fine, though!