1-Is there a way to change text height without losing text functionality? 2-Cant scroll to enlarge text

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-06-05 13:49:23

Hi

Am enjoying learning PP. I've come from ps and am happy to be here.

Expecting differences, trying to find ways to get what I want, it's a process.

A couple questions—

Is there a way to change text height without losing text functionality?

In a related question: Can one change the font of something after using transform?

Was hoping one could scroll thru the font sizes. Saw a tip about doing it but it doesn't work for me. So how does one scroll to enlarge text?

regards
royks

2020-06-08 07:03:45

Hi royks, we're happy to have you here!
by Roy Stevens 2020-06-05 13:49:23 Is there a way to change text height without losing text functionality?

In a related question: Can one change the font of something after using transform?
By changing the height of text, I take it you mean can you stretch it vertically without losing text functionality. If so, I'm afraid not, right now the only way to stretch text is using the Transform feature and, as you've probably found or at least suspect, applying a transformation to text will turn it into a vector shape. Adding this would be a pretty big change to the text rendering engine so it's unlikely we'll be adding it any time soon but it is on our feature request list so we'll keep it in mind as we keep updating and improving Pixelmator Pro.