printer's color profiles missing

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-09-10 21:14:02

Hello,
My Epson XP-15000 printer's color profiles used to be shown under both Color Profile and Soft Proof Colors but are no longer there. Would you know why? How could I make them show up again?
Thanks,
Seon Joo

2020-09-11 14:06:23

Those are usually installed system-wide when installing a printer, but I'm not sure what could make a profile disappear. Is it available in the ColorSync Utility app under User profiles?

2020-09-11 19:58:33

It's not shown on ColorSync either.. and I haven't done anything that might impact the printer installation status (it's still the same printer and same Mac). Would you know how to make the printer profiles appear again without uninstalling/reinstalling it again?

2020-09-14 08:52:23

To be quite honest, I think the easiest way would be to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The other option would be to find the ICC profile for your printer online and then put it in the right folder on your Mac. The second part of that is easy but after a quick search, I couldn't find profiles for that printer available as a separate download...

2020-10-22 20:27:44

Hi again, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, and Pixelmator showed the Epson XP-15000 profiles again.. BUT after a few weeks, now it's not showing them again :( Would you know why that keeps happening??

2020-10-23 09:25:36

Honestly, this is almost certainly not a Pixelmator Pro issue — the app doesn't have write access to your color profile folder, so there's no way it can remove the profiles. For that reason, if they're disappearing, it's mostly likely an OS-level issue... A couple of potential solutions that come to mind are:

• Make sure your version of macOS is completely up to date
• Get in touch with Apple Support for more help
• Try reinstalling macOS