Precise selections

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-09-21 04:31:05

When one is adjusting the size of a simple selection (i.e. rectangular), a box appears showing the width and height of the selection being made. Is there any way to simply enter the desired dimensions rather than dragging at a corner or side of the selection? As it is, it is almost impossible to make a precise selection, as when one removes one fingers from the track pad, the size changes, sometime just by a pixel or two. Eventually one can get it right but it can take a lot of time. I'm hoping there's a trick I've overlooked which would allow one to enter the desired size of a selection.

2020-09-21 08:06:12

Yep, if you Control-click a selection, you can choose Transform Selection and then enter a specific width/height in the Size section of the Transform tool's options.

2021-02-15 17:43:46

If you want to create plans of a work site or building. Is there a way to set a datum and enter actual dimensions and angles?
Using the pen to draw an approximate line and then trying to correct for length and angle is a very laborious process.
Do you have a tutorial on technical drawing with precise dimensions and showing the best workflow?

Many thanks

Mark

2021-02-16 09:01:41

by Mark Thompson If you want to create plans of a work site or building. Is there a way to set a datum and enter actual dimensions and angles?
Using the pen to draw an approximate line and then trying to correct for length and angle is a very laborious process.
Do you have a tutorial on technical drawing with precise dimensions and showing the best workflow?
We don't currently have a dedicated tutorial for this but I think it's something we could consider moving forward. For now, you can specify the length or the rotation of the lines you draw using the Transform tool (Command + T on your keyboard).