Apple Photos Extension - Q1. Crop and Q2. Access to Pixelmator File

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-09-26 09:21:28

Hi there,

Have a couple of questions for when I'm using Pixelmator Pro through Apple Photos if anyone can help?

1. How do you crop an image when using the plugin? I cannot seem to be able to find this anywhere. It's probably me but if anyone knows that would be great.

2. Can you somehow access the Pixelmator Pro files/sidecar if any are created so that it can be opened on Pixelmator Pro without the extension or exported?

Thanks,

Joseph

2020-09-27 08:07:49

by Joseph Grech Hi there,

Have a couple of questions for when I'm using Pixelmator Pro through Apple Photos if anyone can help?

1. How do you crop an image when using the plugin? I cannot seem to be able to find this anywhere. It's probably me but if anyone knows that would be great.

2. Can you somehow access the Pixelmator Pro files/sidecar if any are created so that it can be opened on Pixelmator Pro without the extension or exported?

Thanks,

Joseph

1. You open it with a keyboard Shortcut. It is not possible at the moment on the top bar through Apple’s regulations regarding Apple photos.

- my guess is that the Pixelmator team is working in 2.0 for addressing this shortcoming with hi changes.

2. I don’t have an iPad so I don’t know

2020-09-28 09:54:39

Yep, for now, the C keyboard shortcut is what you'd need to use to access the Crop tool in the Photos extension.

And yes, you can indeed open the Pixelmator Pro files created in the Photos extension in the full app. If you're using iCloud for your files, they'll be located in the Pixelmator Pro folder, inside the Photos Extension Documents folder. If you're not using iCloud, they'll be in the Pictures folder, inside the Pixelmator Pro Extension Documents folder.

Hope that helps!

2020-10-31 12:42:08

Thank you so much for this - late to the party as didn't spot the response! But appreciate it! The C shortcut is really helpful!