Perspective correction.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-11-16 17:09:09

I use "stretching object in any direction" mode under transform to correct the perspective distortion. Does anyone have a better idea for this image? Thanks in advance

2020-11-19 04:14:56

There is an Effect called Perspective Transform, though it isn’t much different than the tools in Transform. In fact it’s more rudimentary, you can’t make symmetrical adjustments, nor can you constrain movements with the Shift key because reasons. But, it’s non-destructive.

Quick fiddle:

2020-11-19 12:56:26

Whichever option you go for, I'd personally add some guides to the image where your structure should be vertical. The easiest way to do that is:

1. Press the Command-R keyboard shortcut to show the rulers
2. Drag from the rulers onto your image to add a guide (more on doing that can be found here in the "add persistent alignment guides" section): https://www.pixelmator.com/support/guid ... -pro/1000/
3. With the Arrange tool selected, place the guide so that it lines up with a vertical in your image
4. Add more guides if necessary

Then, which ever perspective correction mode or tool you use, you can just try to line up the verticals in your photo with the alignment guides.

Hope that helps!

2020-11-19 13:17:18

Teelar and Andrius, Thank you for your replies and Teelar for doing the great job. I do use the guides as Andrius suggests. Having corrected the perspective, the objects take on a short and fat stature then you have to stretch and narrow the image. That is the difficult part. My workflow is duplicate the layer, correct the perspective, reduce the opacity of the top layer I am working on stretch and squeeze the image to match the length and width of some of the objects like people or doors etc. Perhaps there is a better method to the second part that I am missing?

2021-06-05 12:24:40

@Mohamed:
Having corrected the perspective, the objects take on a short and fat stature then you have to stretch and narrow the image. That is the difficult part.
How do you do that?

Thanks in advance.

2021-06-05 16:38:35

Hi Helmut.

I use a couple of horizontal guides to mark the heights of a couple of objects, like a prominent person or a doorway etc on the ORIGINAL image. I then use the transform tool to lengthen the image that has been corrected for the vertical perspective to match these guides. Hope I am making sense.If not let me know.

2021-06-05 17:08:34

Hi Mohamed,
That is a super tip with the horizontal guides 👍.

Thanks a lot.

Helmut