Create Apple Script to Resize Long Edge of Image Before Exporting

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-11-24 16:42:16

Hi, I'm trying to create an Apple Script that will resize the image Long Edge to a given value like 2500px. So depending on whether the image is in portrait or landscape, I'd like the script to choose the longest edge and scale it down proportionally. Thank you in advance.
tell application "Finder"
	set originalImages to choose file with prompt "Please select the images to process:" of type {"public.image"} with multiple selections allowed
	set exportLocation to choose folder with prompt "Please select where you'd like export the images:"
	set originalImageNames to {}
	repeat with a from 1 to number of originalImages
		copy name of item a of originalImages to end of originalImageNames
	end repeat
end tell

tell application "Pixelmator Pro"
		set currentImage to open item a of originalImages
		set imageName to item a of originalImageNames
		enhance currentImage
		tell currentImage to resize image width 2500 resolution 72 algorithm bilinear
		tell currentImage to resize image height 2500 resolution 72 algorithm bilinear
		export currentImage to file ((exportLocation as text) & imageName & ".jpg") as JPEG with properties {compression factor:80}
		close currentImage without saving
	end repeat
	display notification (number of originalImages as text) & " images exported to Jpeg." with title "Export to JPEG"
end tell

2020-11-26 16:14:16

Hey there, this should work for you:
tell application "Pixelmator Pro Beta"

set originalImages to choose file with prompt "Please select the images to process:" of type {"public.image"} with multiple selections allowed
	set exportLocation to choose folder with prompt "Please select where you'd like export the images:"

set currentImage to open item a of originalImages
		set imageName to name of currentImage
		enhance currentImage
		if width of currentImage is greater than height of currentImage then
			tell currentImage to resize image width 2500 resolution 72 algorithm bilinear
		else
			tell currentImage to resize image height 2500 resolution 72 algorithm bilinear
		end if
		export currentImage to file ((exportLocation as text) & imageName & ".jpg") as JPEG with properties {compression factor:80}
		close currentImage without saving
	end repeat
	display notification (number of originalImages as text) & " images exported to Jpeg." with title "Export to JPEG"

end tell
Hope that helps!

2020-11-26 16:16:40

Oh, and I'm not sure if you need to use ML Enhance on the image – that was in your script, so I kept it in there too, but you can obviously just delete it if you don't need it.