Keyboard shortcut for text tool when text is selected AND using arrows to increase/decrease font size

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-12-07 15:42:59

I'm a week in to using Pixelmator Pro and loving it. A couple workflow questions I have...

1) If I have some text, double-clicking it selects it, but the tool that I'm using doesn't automatically switch to the Text Tool. It remains on the tool I was last using, ie arrange tool. So I end up double clicking the text to edit, moving my mouse over to the text tool, clicking on it, then back to my text that I'm working on.

There must be a more efficient way that I just haven't discovered. Is there keyboard shortcut to select the text tool after I've highlighted my text? Or a way to make it switch over automatically?

2) To increase/decrease text size once I've selected it, I have to manually type in a font size value or I can click on the up/down arrows with my mouse. Is there a more efficient keyboard shortcut to increase/decrease the size of the text? (Ie in photoshop, just using the keyboard arrow keys, or the arrow keys plus the shift key will do so.)

Thanks!

2020-12-07 16:03:02

Hey there Kelly! Awesome to hear you're enjoying Pixelmator Pro. :raised_hands:

1. You can quickly switch to the Type tool by pressing "T" on your keyboard. You can also find a complete list of Pixelmator Pro keyboard shortcuts here: https://www.pixelmator.com/support/guid ... r-pro/1212

2. To quickly change the text size, hold down the Option key, and scroll over the current text size value.

Hope that helps!

2020-12-07 16:07:55

by Aurelija 2020-12-07 16:05:15 Hey there Kelly! Awesome to hear you're enjoying Pixelmator Pro. :raised_hands:

1. You can quickly switch to the Type tool by pressing "T" on your keyboard. You can also find a complete list of Pixelmator Pro keyboard shortcuts here: https://www.pixelmator.com/support/guid ... r-pro/1212

2. To quickly change the text size, hold down the Option key, and scroll over the current text size value.

Hope that helps!
Thanks Aurelija! That does help. The scrolling with text size is a great tip.

To clarify my #1 above, I can switch to Type by pressing T, but if I've already got text selected, pressing T will replace the text with the letter T. Is there any way to switch at that point?

2020-12-08 15:16:24

I believe you've got the text highlighted? Double-clicking (or highlighting) the text activates the typing mode. If you single-click the text, you'll only activate the text layer, and shortcuts should then work. In such a case, layer handles should be visible like so: