Sony A7R II RAW

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-12-14 17:10:11

Wondering if/how RAW works for anyone here using their Sony A7R II?

For background, upon going down the Google rabbit hole, I searched Apple's RAW support and came up with this support camera model, "Sony Alpha ILCE-7R II," but discovered that the Sony A7R II model number is slightly different: "Sony Alpha ILCE-7RM2."

Basically, just want to know if my new (old) camera is gonna work in RAW on Pixelmator.

Thanks for the help.

2020-12-17 03:33:43

I don't see why it wouldn't. I am using a Sony A7r IV and the RAWs come in just fine.

2020-12-18 15:55:59

Basically, just want to know if my new (old) camera is gonna work in RAW on Pixelmator.
Can you open and edit these RAW images in the macOS Photos app? If you can, they will work with Pixelmator Pro as well. :wink:

2020-12-18 16:56:58

by EGValentino 2020-12-14 17:10:11 Wondering if/how RAW works for anyone here using their Sony A7R II?

For background, upon going down the Google rabbit hole, I searched Apple's RAW support and came up with this support camera model, "Sony Alpha ILCE-7R II," but discovered that the Sony A7R II model number is slightly different: "Sony Alpha ILCE-7RM2."

Thanks for the help.
Works for me.