Is there a way to turn off the save-to-cloud in PP for the Mac?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-01-08 23:31:59

It is a constant source of frustration when I find out that a document is automatically saved to the cloud and not to the directory I've been using all afternoon. I just want a way to turn off **($* cloud support. Or at least stay in the same directory I've been using cloud or not.

2021-01-11 13:09:05

You can turn off iCloud for Pixelmator Pro following the steps below:

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple Menu () at the top of your screen.
2. Click iCloud (or Apple ID, if you’re on macOS Catalina or later).
3. Click the Options button next to iCloud Drive.
4. Here, find Pixelmator Pro and deselect it.

Hope that helps!

2021-08-13 00:13:05

Hi Aurelija, thanks for sharing this tip, although I do think it would be sensible if Pixelmator replicated this option for the default save location (iCloud or local drive) under Pixelmator Pro > Preferences, as this is where most people look and I think where most apps list similar file-save default settings?

2021-08-19 10:49:04

by David Flynn 2021-08-12 21:13:05 Hi Aurelija, thanks for sharing this tip, although I do think it would be sensible if Pixelmator replicated this option for the default save location (iCloud or local drive) under Pixelmator Pro > Preferences, as this is where most people look and I think where most apps list similar file-save default settings?
I can definitely see your point. Since iCloud is a macOS service, I'm not sure if you can control it from within a third-party app, but it would sure make sense to have such settings accessible in Preferences. I'll let the team know about your suggestion!