How to export to Final Cut Pro efficiently.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-02-19 10:39:17

Hey there!
I love the atmosphere of this community!
Just got me Pixelmator Pro and Final Cut Pro X. Are there any ways to export vector-similar files to final cut? I experienced the illustrator after effects work flow. However, it didn't convinced me. Like anything not optimized for apple.
Any tips for an efficient workflow? Would like to do some really cool animation stuff (2d) in combination with beats by my friend.
Thanks!

2021-02-24 16:19:58

Hi Frederik. Nice to have you here! :) To be fair, a combination of Adobe Illustrator and After Effects is the industry standard when it comes to workflows like the one you're describing. It's mainly due to AI's seamless integration with After Effects and full path support.

If we're talking Mac editing software only, Motion 5 is probably the closest equivalent to After Effects. While FCPX does offer a lot of different video editing options, it's not that great with animations. Motion 5 would give you much more flexibility on that front. Since Motion 5 (and FCPX) doesn't work with SVGs or support Pixelmator Pro-native PXD files, your best bet would be exporting your vector shapes to PSD. It's important to note, though, that Motion 5 will recognize only the most basic of vector shapes — Pixelmator Pro effects or color adjustments won't be displayed.

2021-02-24 16:22:54

Thanks!

2021-02-26 09:27:51

No problem!

2021-02-26 11:14:02

Luckily I just downloaded the Trial of FCPX. I think I'll switch to blender low poly. However, Your great application is always needed ;). Furthermore, your support ist really amazing!

2021-02-26 12:48:40

Oh, nice! Aaand glad I could be of help. ;)