Blending Mode: Dissolve.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-02-20 21:20:53

Am I correct in assuming that unlike in Photoshop, there is no dissolve option for the blending modes? If so, is there a work around to get similar results?
Thanks in advance

2021-02-24 15:53:38

Am I correct in assuming that unlike in Photoshop, there is no dissolve option for the blending modes? If so, is there a work around to get similar results?
Thanks in advance
The Dissolve blend mode is still there in Pixelmator Classic but it didn't make it to Pixelmator Pro. Is there any particular workflow you're using it for?

2021-02-24 18:31:21

Hi Aurelija. Thank you for your response. If you follow this You Tube link below, at min 1.50 to 3.00. The individual creates mist/fog using the dissolve mode. https://youtu.be/FIBXXglbYtQ. Thanks

2021-02-26 09:26:37

Thanks for getting back to me, Mohamed. Looking at the video, I think you could create a very similar effect using some speckled brushes in Pixelmator Pro. Like the Broken Spray or the Smashed Spray in the Sprays collection, for instance. The steps would be pretty much the same as in the original video — on a new empty layer, use the Paint tool (P) to paint wherever you want the fog to appear in your image. Then, choose Effects (E) and from the Effects Browser, apply the Gaussian effect to the painted layer. Once you've created the fog effect, you can additionally tweak it by deleting or painting more on the layer. Hope that helps!

2021-02-26 14:20:34

Thank you Aurelija.

2021-03-02 14:00:39

Happy to help. :)