Achieving italics effect with fonts that don't support it

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-06-30 12:44:59

Hi!
As you can see from the picture, original image used the font in italics format or achieved the effect in some other way. I am using the same font, but it doesn't actually support italics, so I was wondering how to format it in a similar way in Pixelmator Pro.
(White text is from original image, red is my text, on same path, but not fitting 1:1 on top yet).

2021-07-01 15:22:59

Hey! I'd probably use the Transform tool (Command + T) here. If slanting the entire text in one go doesn't work, try converting the text layer into a shape first, then adjust each character separately. Hope that helps. :)

2021-07-01 15:33:04

by Aurelija 2021-07-01 15:26:20 Hey! I'd probably use the Transform tool (Command + T) here. If slanting the entire text in one go doesn't work, try converting the text layer into a shape first, then adjust each character separately. Hope that helps. :)
Yeah, that I already tried, but neither of the transform options, even together, don't really achieve this effect. It should only be tilted from every letter's right end corner basically, while bottom of the letters set on ground. Also I definitely need to do it automatically with editing still possible (with an exception of quick command+Z) as I would need to make many copies with different names. Cannot adjust each letter manually nor would I know the exact tilting for each time then. :pensive:

2021-07-01 17:24:59

If you need for the text to remain editable, perhaps something can be done using the nondestructive Perspective Transform or the Distortion effects? The effects can be duplicated and stacked so you should be able to transform the text quite precisely.

2021-07-01 20:29:05

You're right. Seems like all my issues can be solved with the update I have not done for unknown reasons. Thanks again

2021-07-02 10:59:40

by vihtla You're right. Seems like all my issues can be solved with the update I have not done for unknown reasons. Thanks again
:pray: