v2.1.2 Coral Change in How Adding a Style to a Selection Works

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-07-06 04:02:19

After updating to v2.1.2 of PixPro, I am no longer able to fill and stroke a selection like I have in the previous versions. I used to be able to create a selection in a new layer, choose a Style then hit N and click inside the selection to create a shape with the attributes of the Style. Furthermore, I was able to trim or paint the newly created shape and maintain the fill and stroke in the revised shape.

Now, I finally figured out that I have to "Convert to a Shape" then choose a Style to create give the new shape the attributes of the Style. That is fine, but as far as I can tell, the shape no longer can be modified while maintaining the Style attributes. If I am missing something, please let me know.

I looked in the help file and it still reflects the functionality prior to v2.1.2. When a function is changed so dramatically, I would expect the help files to be update before releasing the program update so users can more easily figure out what is going on.

2021-07-08 13:03:08

Hi. I could be wrong but it sounds like you may have the "Preserve transparency" option turned on in the Color Fill settings. Could you make sure it's deselected and see if your previous steps work?