Circular Text but having the text to the far left but also making it oval instead !

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-07-24 16:37:08

I need to follow above a design that has an oval form but I want to make it into a circular-text but turn it into an oval. Because the original form is
again oval shaped. I tried the type tool in the tools bin to the right that can make an oval but the text always starts at the midway point not the far
left where I need it to be :( I start with the circular text because of the neatness of it. When I use the "Path Tool" it ends of out of uniform and not a pure oval path for the text to follow to. Question: Is it possible to make a circular text and turn it into an oval shape but have the text start from the far left where i need to have it.
Thanks for any help!

2021-07-26 10:10:49

Hi Bill. Sure, it should be possible! Once you draw a circular path, Control-click anywhere on the path and choose Transform Path. You can then drag any of the middle handles of the path to give it an oval shape. To move the text box along the path, Shift-drag the text box handle.

Hope that helps.

2021-08-31 14:47:22

The trick with holding shift and moving text along stroke is cool. Thanks for the hint.