Quickly changing fabrics -how to?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-12-22 22:56:54

Hello, I’m trying to figure out how to insert a photo of fabric over a photo of a drape, make the adjustments to move the fabric so it looks realistic, but also be able to swap out the original fabric swatch photo so I can see what the drape would be like in other fabrics.

Can that be done or is that a Photoshop thing? They call them Place Holders from what I’m learning online. The most important thing is to be able to easily pop in a new fabric and see it finished without having to alter it.

I'm including this photo to give you an idea of what I mean..this is shirt, but you get the idea. Image

Many thanks!

2021-12-23 00:01:15

Id like to know this also!

2021-12-23 03:31:41

I’m no expert but couldn’t you mask the “shirt part” of the model (making it transparent) then place it over backgrounds of different fabric options?

2021-12-23 09:50:23

by JimFTL 2021-12-23 02:31:41 I’m no expert but couldn’t you mask the “shirt part” of the model (making it transparent) then place it over backgrounds of different fabric options?
Nah - I think there´s more to it to make it look decent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG0-V95qmPg