[Help] Correct photos exchange/sync between MacBook and iPhone

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-01-02 07:59:58

Hey guys!
So, I got Pixelmator Pro and I absolutely love using it to tune some photos. But I encountered an issue, and maybe here I can get some help.

So, my desired workflow is this: I sync my photos from iPhone to MacBook, then I edit them using Pixelmator, and then I sync them back to my iPhone. So, if I had 100 pictures, and would edit like 50 of them, I want those 50 photos to get replaced on my iPhone with new edited ones. That way I end up having 100 photos. I hope that makes sense.

But what happened was, upon next sync ALL of my photos got duplicated, both edited and not.

I am a new MacOS user and I couldn't find a solution or clear guideline on how to correctly achieve the workflow described above. Can anyone forward me to a guide or give me some advice? Much appreciated!

2022-01-02 11:34:31

How do you edit the photos? What I do is open "photos.app" on Mac and find an image I want to edit. Make a double-click for full preview. In the upper right corner is the edit button - find the extension button, open and find "Pixelmator Pro". It´s loading PM´s tool set - make your adjustments and click "Done". This will replace the image BUT macOS will store an original file for you in the Photo Library package under resources->derivates then, so you always can restore or go back-to-original (via menu->Image).