Extension jpg

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2017-12-09 16:31:35

I can no longer export to jpg. All my photos on my website have the extension jpg (Pixelmator). Can you add this option again please?

2017-12-09 19:06:50

You should be able to export to jpg-files without any issues. Can you describe the steps you do to export your image to jpg from Pixelmator?

2017-12-10 15:52:13

by Sebastiaan You should be able to export to jpg-files without any issues. Can you describe the steps you do to export your image to jpg from Pixelmator?
Thank you for your response. I export the photo. Then I get various options, including jpeg. No jpg.

2017-12-11 05:29:20

jpeg is identical to jpg. It's the same file format just the extension is written differently. Every device and webbrowser can handle both extensions. If you really need the extension to be written as jpg then you should change the name of your exported files for the time being. This can be done automatically with an automator folder action.

2017-12-11 16:36:42

by Sebastiaan 2017-12-11 05:29:20 jpeg is identical to jpg. It's the same file format just the extension is written differently. Every device and webbrowser can handle both extensions. If you really need the extension to be written as jpg then you should change the name of your exported files for the time being. This can be done automatically with an automator folder action.
Thanx, I know. I use codes to write my website, so I have to use the jpg extensions. I change them manually now, thats why I ask for addition of jpg. In Pixelmator it was jpg. This is a pro-version of Pixelmator, so I hope the jpg extension will be added.

2017-12-19 16:59:32

I understand the file types are identical.

If I have a series of .jpg files I want to Open, edit, Export and overwrite, I now have to edit each of the file names to blah.jpeg to blah.jpg.

I would love to use two keystrokes for the Export, Cmd-E, <return><space bar>(for overwrite). With the default to jpeg, a have to cmd-E, <Edit the name><return><space bar>(for overwrite). I doesn't seem like a lot, but I am currently working with over 60 files.

It wouldn't be to hard to programmatically to look at the extension of the file to be exported and if the name matches up to an existing file and location then offer up default extension for the file name to be exported matching the extension of the existing file.

Guess I'll drop to Pixelmator since it either matches or uses jpg as a default.

Side note: A duplicated a file with a jpg extension, changed the extension to .jpeg and Pixelmator couldn't open it. In the FileOpen Dialog, the file was grayed out.Since, as you say, the file types are the same, you might want to give Pixelmator the ability to open .jpeg files.

Another Side note: It's annoying to lose text as I type behind the Post Reply button in this field.

2017-12-28 06:32:09

Every other tool I use has "jpg" as the default spelling, including the original Pixelmator. I'm not sure why the default was switched in Pixelmator Pro (I'd love to know the reason, if any folks at Pixelmator are reading this), but I really hope they change to "jpg". Right now, the disconnect between Pixelmator Pro and everything else is so irksome for no obvious benefit.

2018-01-27 08:13:07

My problem has been solved after the last update 1.0.6: the exported extention is now .jpg. Thank's a lot!

2018-01-27 17:20:49

THANK YOU FOR FIXING THIS!!!

This was SUCH a frustration of mine too and came to post about it. Glad to see I'm not the only one frustrated by this.