Refine Mask for Hair selections

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2017-12-15 12:37:53

Cannot believe this feature isn't present in the Pro version. Please add it as fast as possible!

2017-12-15 20:23:18

When using the various selection tools, I see a "Refine..." button at the bottom of the tool options panel — next to the "Invert" and "Reselect" buttons. Does that do what you had in mind?

2018-09-04 07:48:26

Bump this UP!
I've been frustrated not having this feature as well, it's a staple to any smart selection tool. AP & PS both support this, I'd rather not be expected to swap between apps to redo selections because I can't refine hair.

2018-09-05 07:49:26

That's fair — a hair selection mode/feature is definitely in our plans!

2018-09-07 16:39:57

Wonderful, Andrius!

2019-01-23 09:25:31

Hey there guys, looking at the new roll-outs. Making some impressive changes and really liking the overall direction.

I am still struggling with using Pixelmator Pro for everyday work projects though because a lot of my work requires some advanced masking tools - so I can't yet commit to using PP full time.

Is there an expected roll-out date for this feature?

2019-01-23 16:20:32

Hey Israel, it's great to hear you're enjoying the direction we're moving in! We think it's not too bad as well... Just need to keep making the app better and better! But, I do have to disappoint you slightly and say hair selections tools aren't currently being worked on. We would absolutely love to add this and do think it's important but we just have a few other things that we think are a little more important in terms of the big picture. Having said that, we do have some ideas for how we could do this in Pixelmator Pro from a technical perspective, so we have definitely been considering it. It'll just take a little more time.