Refine Mask for Hair selections

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-07-19 13:21:39

I'm really loving Pixelmator Pro & would be SUPER stoked for the hair removal implementation! ❤️

2021-07-19 20:53:04

by Andrius 2018-09-05 12:49:26 That's fair — a hair selection mode/feature is definitely in our plans!
oh my god 2018 - 2021 and there's no a refine hair tool yet, pixelmator team, come on guys, is so much time waiting, Affinity also have a couple of years and their tool is perfect, there's no excuses people, we don't need ML Crop, or ML whatever, we need a ML Refine Hair Tool

2021-12-21 22:59:08

by Dean Kutzler 2021-07-19 19:14:17 Wow...that's pretty incredible!
STill not really good if you used a green screen. There is still image that is not taken away

2021-12-22 10:35:29

by kotr_striker STill not really good if you used a green screen. There is still image that is not taken away
Hi kotr_striker. Perhaps you could share some sample images where background removal doesn't really work at support@pixelmator.com? We'd love to see if anything can be improved.

2023-02-28 15:25:49

by ag123 Just tried to remove a background from a portrait photo and the hair problem seems impossible for me to solve manually. Even after having been a casual, almost daily user of PS for over a decade and Pixelmator for almost 3 years I still can't do it... any news on the hair masking tool? Really looking forward to it! :haircut:
Removing a background from a portrait photo can be a tricky task, especially when it comes to hair masking. Even experienced users of PS and other editing software can find it challenging.
However, there are some techniques and tools available that can make it easier.
Have you tried using the refine edge tool or the select and mask feature in Photoshop? These tools can help you to refine the edges of the hair and make it look more natural. This website https://imgcleaner.com/ can make also the task easier. I understand your frustration, but keep practicing and trying different tools and techniques, and you'll eventually get the hang of it.