Vectormator?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-01-03 02:07:29

Pixelmator Pro looks very promising to leave Photoshop behind but the lack of all the necessary vector tools and exporting make it impossible to leave Adobe because any Creative Cloud subscription with Illustrator also includes Photoshop.

Pixelmator Pro has some vector tools but these finalize as pixels on export so there isn’t the infinite zoom-in ability of a vector file. Multi page documents would be a nice thing to have but not as critical as the vector tools.

Take it the rest of the way and those of us who use Illustrator for design work can move to Pixelmator as both a Photoshop and Illustrator replacement.

2018-01-03 03:40:37

I second this! We need SVG import and export capabilities please.

2018-01-12 09:26:59

Support for vector file formats is something we've wanted to add for quite a while now and, while I can't make any definitive promises, I think its turn should be coming sooner rather than later. 😉

2018-01-14 02:23:22

Amazing! Seriously the last thing I need to dump Adobe. :)

I’ve been getting acclimatized to Pixelmator Pro and I seriously love how much it looks and acts like a pro editing version of macOS Photos. Everything is where I expect it to be. I’m really looking forward to the iOS version.

2018-10-25 23:03:09

Hey just wondering if there have been any updates to this?
I love the idea of a vector app from your team :)

2018-10-26 17:27:02

Thanks for this, iPedro! The lack of Vectormator is sad. Pixelmator Pro is great and I am sure the same would go for Vectormator. Right now I have to use Affinity Designer, which is superb, but I want to stay in the Pixelmator/Vectormator family!

2023-09-15 12:41:52

Any update on bringing more vector tools to Pixelmator Pro? Yes, there are shapes but there's no way to even precisely rotate, mirror, duplicate, step and repeat or any of the most useful vector tools. Is vector support in your Pixelmator Pro roadmap at all?

2023-09-18 18:40:06

I agree! More vector tools, please! The shapes that are included in Pixelmator are quite ridiculous. Pixelmator Pro should have a look at the shapes in Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher. That is what I call shapes. And in Affinity Publisher, shapes can be converted into Photo Frames. This means that one can paste a photo into that shape with the click of the mouse and the photo takes the form of the shape! Elegant. Pixelmator should concentrate on such very useful matters now after having added all good templates.

2023-09-18 18:42:39

by iPedro Amazing! Seriously the last thing I need to dump Adobe. :)

I’ve been getting acclimatized to Pixelmator Pro and I seriously love how much it looks and acts like a pro editing version of macOS Photos. Everything is where I expect it to be. I’m really looking forward to the iOS version.
Now is the time to have a look at the AMAZING things that have happened to Adobe Photoshop. Incredible stuff, to say the least. I really like Pixelmator Pro, but leave Photoshop behind in these days? NEVER!

2023-09-18 18:43:32

by Andrius Support for vector file formats is something we've wanted to add for quite a while now and, while I can't make any definitive promises, I think its turn should be coming sooner rather than later. 😉
Mmmmm.... This was said five years ago.

2023-09-18 18:44:44

by iPedro Pixelmator Pro looks very promising to leave Photoshop behind but the lack of all the necessary vector tools and exporting make it impossible to leave Adobe because any Creative Cloud subscription with Illustrator also includes Photoshop.

Pixelmator Pro has some vector tools but these finalize as pixels on export so there isn’t the infinite zoom-in ability of a vector file. Multi page documents would be a nice thing to have but not as critical as the vector tools.

Take it the rest of the way and those of us who use Illustrator for design work can move to Pixelmator as both a Photoshop and Illustrator replacement.
No, not from Illustrator to Pixelmator Pro, but from Illustrator to Affinity Designer!