Soft-proofing with profile and Convert to CMYK for print

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-02-01 10:31:39

A well as not having the ability to wrap text to a circle, the simple function of converting to CMYK for print would be useful. It would be great to do all this within one app instead of having to have multiple apps open and working within these.

Also, the soft proofing function seems to have gone in Pro....is that true or can I just not find it? It would be very useful to see how something might look when going to print.

Currently I have to open the file in Photoshop, convert there, this takes a few steps. Ideally it could be done with one click in Pixelmator

2018-02-05 09:48:39

Soft-proofing hasn't made it into Pixelmator Pro just yet, but it's certainly on the roadmap. Converting to a CMYK profile is available in the Export dialog (File > Export...) if you click the disclosure button next to the Format pop-up menu. 🙏

2018-02-06 18:37:20

Thanks Andrius......but I can't see how to do this.....the format options visible to me are as pictured

2018-02-07 10:54:06

Ah, choosing color profiles isn't available for PDF files at the moment, so you'd need to choose from JPEG or TIFF (for CMYK profiles). I'll pass this on to the devs, though, and we'll see what we can do!

2018-06-11 19:43:04

This is a bit of a disaster area and it looks like I'll have to abandon Pixelmator Pro until editing in CYMK or soft-proofing feature is available.
Currently anything I send to print comes back with drab colours.
I have to say that I'm not impressed to have bought an upgraded version with downgraded features. I can appreciate the commercial need to get the product out but not when it's missing something this fundamental.

2018-06-17 20:00:58

by Shape 2018-06-11 19:43:04 This is a bit of a disaster area and it looks like I'll have to abandon Pixelmator Pro until editing in CYMK or soft-proofing feature is available.
Currently anything I send to print comes back with drab colours.
I have to say that I'm not impressed to have bought an upgraded version with downgraded features. I can appreciate the commercial need to get the product out but not when it's missing something this fundamental.
Don't hold your breath. They have never made CMYK a priotity.
I thought when "Pro" came out, they were getting serious but not so.

2018-06-19 13:25:04

Editing directly in CMYK may not make it into Pixelmator Pro but, as I mentioned before, soft-proofing is very much planned for the future.