Live-preview of brushstrokes and eraser.

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-02-06 10:39:28

Also Live preview different blend-modes as ju scrub through them, look at affinity and just do the same thanks!

2018-02-06 11:08:00

Hey there, Pixelmator Pro shows you a live preview of your brush if you double-click to edit it, but it might be nice to have it visible even when you're not editing brush presets.

As for blending mode previews, that's a nice idea. We'll see what we can do.

2018-02-06 11:11:33

by Andrius 2018-02-06 10:09:43 Hey there, Pixelmator Pro shows you a live preview of your brush if you double-click to edit it, but it might be nice to have it visible even when you're not editing brush presets.

As for blending mode previews, that's a nice idea. We'll see what we can do.
Im not sure you got what i meant, like if your painting (or erasing) it should show you what would happen if you choose to paint, like over the canvas.. or do you mean that i can activate that somehow?

2018-02-06 12:01:21

Yeah, I think I might be getting confused here — here's an image of what I'm talking about: Image

You can also paint in that preview to test out a brush. Is that more or less what you're looking for?

2018-02-06 12:18:32

Oh, this is what i mean:

https://gfycat.com/IckyCelebratedCicada

You see how it shows you what will happen when you click? Sorry for my English hehe but hovering gives you a preview of paiting/erasing..

2018-02-06 12:24:47

Oh, no worries, I see what you mean now — you'd like to see a live preview inside the brush cursor. Well, we already have this for the Clone tool, so I think this shouldn't be too difficult from a technical standpoint. I've added it to the feature request list and we'll think about it!

2018-02-06 12:43:00

by Andrius 2018-02-06 11:25:34 Oh, no worries, I see what you mean now — you'd like to see a live preview inside the brush cursor. Well, we already have this for the Clone tool, so I think this shouldn't be too difficult from a technical standpoint. I've added it to the feature request list and we'll think about it!
Yes exactly like the clone tool!

Cool! thank you so much!