Convert selection to shape and transforming text size

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-05-20 10:27:21

I'm so sad that I can't convert a selection to a shape or resize text using the transform tool in Pixelmator Pro.

The app is so beautiful and fast but I'm forced to use legacy Pixelmator as I rely on both of these features for most of my type of work.

Pleeeeeease consider adding these features to the app so I can use the beautiful Pixelmator Pro daily!

2018-05-20 12:51:45

Hi Pad!

Couldn't agree more...

2018-05-20 15:05:27

More and more features, also those from Pixelmator Classic will see the day of light in the upcoming Pixelmator Pro releases so stay tuned!

2018-06-03 18:03:50

by Sebastiaan 2018-05-20 12:05:27 More and more features, also those from Pixelmator Classic will see the day of light in the upcoming Pixelmator Pro releases so stay tuned!
Hi! I am in the middle of my trial of Pixelmator. I would like to use the "convert to shape" feature. To my understanding it is disabled in the pro version. Can you tell if this feature will be in the pro version and when, if it will? Or should I buy the regular version?
Cheers!

2018-06-04 09:30:30

by Fedor Hi! I am in the middle of my trial of Pixelmator. I would like to use the "convert to shape" feature. To my understanding it is disabled in the pro version. Can you tell if this feature will be in the pro version and when, if it will? Or should I buy the regular version?
Cheers!
It's always a little difficult to predict when exactly we could add new features, but with this particular feature, I think it's something we could manage in one of the upcoming 1.1.x updates.

2018-11-04 21:21:45

I downloaded Pixelmator precisely for the purpose of converting selections to shapes, but see that it doesn't do that. The Super Vectorizer tool does this, but it doesn't let me do it per-layer, which is what I was hoping for.

I could be tempted to switch from Affinity to Pixelmator for my vector work, but not until it has this feature.

Please do respond here when it does so I know to check out Pixelmator again. Thanks!

2018-11-05 07:54:46

@jtlapp
In Pixelmator the Convert Selection to Shape command is available on the cog icon at the top of the canvas or by right-clicking a selection.
In Pixelmator Pro the Convert Selection to Shape command is in the format menu and is also available when you right-click on a selection.

Hope this helps.
- Stef.