"Blend If" Under "Layer Styles"?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-11-09 17:25:04

Hi there! I'm wondering if there's a way to do this function in Pixelmator Pro, and if it is going to be added in a later update.

Back in the days of yore, Photoshop had an option to make all pixels within a certain shade range transparent, which was a real time saver if I wanted to, say, make all the white in an image transparent. Here's what that dialogue box looked like back in Photoshop - though it's been years since I used photoshop, so it may look different now.

Is there anything like this in PxmPro, or is it planned?

2018-11-13 09:03:52

There isn't a feature like this at the moment, I'm afraid, but it's a pretty handy one. I've popped it onto the feature request list. In the meantime, Tools > Select > Select Color Range and Edit > Clear might be your best bet for achieving a similar result.

2023-05-14 21:57:45

by Andrius There isn't a feature like this at the moment, I'm afraid, but it's a pretty handy one. I've popped it onto the feature request list. In the meantime, Tools > Select > Select Color Range and Edit > Clear might be your best bet for achieving a similar result.
Any updates on this feature?

2023-05-18 01:36:31

Someone else asked for a similar feature called Blending Ranges. See this link:
viewtopic.php?t=22575

2023-07-11 15:52:32

The same feature in Affinity Photo is called Blend Ranges.

This would be super helpful in blending shadow effect overlays in product photography.

Blend ranges allow you to specify how tonal values of a layer blend with the layer(s) below. You can set the range of the tonal values affected and can set the range to have any level of opacity (from opaque to transparent).

2023-11-22 21:46:02

+1 on needing this on a recent project