Brush Strokes Effects

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-11-22 14:30:24

I used to use the Brush Strokes effects in Photoshop Elements a great deal (especially accented edges)—would like to see something along those lines. Thanks!

2018-11-23 08:56:02

Hey Donnie, would you be able to share some images of what those effects look like? I haven't got a copy of Elements to hand, but I'd love to see some visual examples of what you could do with the brush stroke effects.

2018-11-23 15:15:29

Hi Andrius, thanks for your response. Here are some sample screenshots, first of what the panel looks like, and then a couple of images. It's actually a collection of 8 different effects. The ones that I found most useful are: accented edges, angled strokes, crosshatch, and ink outline. The others I haven't used very much. (On the image samples, I left out "sprayed," as it is practically identical to "spatter.")

2018-11-23 15:29:35

Fantastic, thanks so much for the examples! We've had something like this in mind for a while and it would probably go great in an update to the Effects tool along with some other artistic styles/painting effects. We've got a plan for the next 4 or 5 months, but I'll stick this on the feature request list and we'll consider it.

2018-11-23 15:31:20

Thanks! :blush: