Polygonal / Magnetic selection

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-02-13 21:04:54

Hello! It would be great to switch between the two with holding down a key.

So im doing polygonal selection, I come to a part where magnetic selection would work, I wish I could hold down a key to automatically switch to magnetic, and vice versa so when I do magnetic and come to a harder part I could just hold down a key to switch to polygonal.

Hope I make sense but I think so! :)

2019-02-14 01:09:47

Great suggestion

2019-02-15 15:01:10

You do make sense and this is a pretty great suggestion indeed — the reverse way (magnetic > polygonal) actually already works, so for now, you could choose the Magnetic Selection tool, make your selection while holding down the Option key, and release it whenever you want to switch to the Magnetic Selection tool. But we'll see if we can add polygonal > magnetic as well.

2019-02-17 11:02:18

by Andrius 2019-02-15 15:01:10 You do make sense and this is a pretty great suggestion indeed — the reverse way (magnetic > polygonal) actually already works, so for now, you could choose the Magnetic Selection tool, make your selection while holding down the Option key, and release it whenever you want to switch to the Magnetic Selection tool. But we'll see if we can add polygonal > magnetic as well.
Oh nice didn't know that you could do that with magnetic already, never use magnetic because of that so now I might use it a bit more! ✌️

2019-02-18 09:45:06

Sweet, glad I could help at least a little! :raised_hands: