Print Module

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-04-29 09:13:01

I need a way to control where the position and size of image will appear on the paper. In Lightroom I have a custom cell set to have unprintable wide borders, with the the sides and top equal and the bottom border slightly larger. I wish PPro could do something similar. Other than this, I think PPro can do almost everyone I need to replace LR and PS. (I'm still looking for a DAM and watching Photo Mechanic Plus.)

2019-04-29 11:13:12

Hey Mike, thanks for the feature request. Right now, we're relying on the system Print dialog, where this isn't quite possible but if you know the size of the paper you'll be printing on, you can create your Pixelmator Pro document at that size and the app itself would kind of become the print module. What I mean by that is, if you choose, say, the US Paper size and print at 100%, wherever you place the elements in your design, that's where they will appear on the page. There are some margins to take into account but as far as I know, you should be able to set at them at 0. If that doesn't quite work for you, I'd love to know a little more about your workflow — maybe there are some other suggestions you might find useful.

P.S. Creating our own print interface is an option, though it would be a fairly significant feature to add.

2019-04-29 14:26:17

Thanks Andrius for your suggestion. This method is the way I've used Photoshop in the past. It's just that the Lightroom way is so much easier, and without the need to to reset guides each time for every print. I agree a full blown print module would require enormous effort on your part, but Lightroom offers ways to print multiple images on one sheet. As PPro is basically a single image application, maybe implementing a single layout cell could be all that's required. Not a priority, so possibly something for you to consider further down the line.

2019-05-01 07:14:38

Yeah, we have previously discussed this as a possibility, so we may revisit it in the future. :wink: