Input field math and improvments

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-06-21 17:10:32

It would be very useful to be able to use mathematical operations in the input fields ( + - / x ) and not just direct the final number. This is very widespread and useful in 3D programs, such as when you need to split the size or position.

it would be helpful if the keyboard could be used to change the numbers with the arrow keys (up / down) (when the cursor is in the active field) and not just with the mouse wheel

2019-06-27 14:22:24

This actually isn't the first time we've had a request for input field math — I quite like the idea for it. I'll add your vote for it to our feature request list!

2019-06-27 15:58:38

Hurray

I've just watched it, Photoshop did it in the previous update.

Which would still be convenient if the small arrows buttons next to the input box. You could work like a slider. Otherwise, only 1 direction is available until the mouse button is pressed. This is the old school. There are many 3D programs solved in a novel way. By pressing the mouse button, you can set a value by dragging the cursor up and down.

2019-06-27 16:52:50

Try putting the mouse pointer over a value and two-finger dragging up and down. Magic. :grin:

2019-06-27 18:48:04

Yes, of course I tried - I know. But it's not as comfortable as I suggested. No matter ... it was just a small suggestion.

2019-06-27 22:54:16

That's a shame. I had hoped to show you something new to you that I find to be a cool feature. I thought from your earlier comment that you had not found it.
Just in case there's another misconception here, I don't work for Pixelmator: I'm just a noisy user who believes that a strong user community is an important part of an evolving app.
Oh and one more thing. :grin: I agree with you on input field math. I have a stupidly powerful calculating machine on my desk. It seems daft that I should be the one doing the adding up. Welcome to the community.

2019-06-28 13:55:20

Shame? no, it was a nice gesture from you. Thanks !!!

I think the same, strong community, good mood -- perfect software.
I'm glad if I can help...
...many years ago I worked on program development, lack of mood and sense of development.

2019-06-28 16:23:51

by Varjubacsi 2019-06-28 13:55:20 Shame? no, it was a nice gesture from you. Thanks !!!

I think the same, strong community, good mood -- perfect software.
I'm glad if I can help...
...many years ago I worked on program development, lack of mood and sense of development.
I agree with you guys. Helping or suggesting something is useful for future development - personally or software wise