Ability to edit Live Photos from the Photos app without disabling Live Photo.

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-07-10 17:33:09

I frequently use Pixelmator Pro to edit photos in my library, but I can't edit the majority of them since I don't want to disable Live Photo. I'm unsure if it's possible given the Photos API, but it would be amazing to be able to edit the key photo without disabling or affecting the Live Photo animation.

2019-07-15 15:48:52

Very cool request — I do think something should be possible so I'll definitely add this to the feature request list. :ok_hand:

2023-12-26 12:38:04

Hey, any news on this feature request? I see both the still and the movie appear in Pixelmator, but I don't seem to be able to get my edits back into Photos...

2024-01-03 19:58:14

Any updates on this ? I had to cancel my subscription to Photomator because of losing the live photo every time I edit a picture. I don't mind if the live-part is not edited, but at least keep the video :(

2024-01-05 12:11:56

Hello there! It looks like this thread hasn't been updated in a while. When using Pixelmator Pro, you can edit both the still image and video parts of your Live Photo and save them back to your Photos library. To save the video back to your Photos library, you'd want to choose Share > Add to Photos in the Pixelmator Pro menu bar. To save the still image only, you can simply choose Modify Original in Photos.

As for Photomator — the plan is to add Live Photo editing as part of video editing support. It's already on our roadmap and is coming in future updates. :pray:

2024-01-06 22:12:19

Aurelija, The style of that "roadmap" was not in any format I'm familiar with, but it is better than no roadmap at all. Is there any chance we might see something similar in Pixelmator Pro?

2024-01-12 10:10:50

by Aurelija To save the video back to your Photos library, you'd want to choose Share > Add to Photos in the Pixelmator Pro menu bar. To save the still image only, you can simply choose Modify Original in Photos.
roadmap and is coming in future updates. :pray:
Thank you for the response. For me as for some other members it is the reason I don't use Pixelimator often with my Photos Library. I rely on Photos Library to sort and categorise my photos. Having a new photo imported every time I make an edit is too clumsy and does not justify relatively marginal improvement over already good iPhone quality. We all live intensive lives, especially with families, so time is a precious commodity.

Is it anywhere on the roadmap to add support for Live Photos in Modify Original feature?