Open Pixelmator Photos files

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-07-27 08:24:22

Currently Pixelmator Photos and Pixelmator Pro live in their own separate worlds. Files created by one cannot be opened by the other app. This makes it harder to work between iOS and macOS. Could we at least have the ability for one app to open files created by the other, even if they have to keep their separate file formats?

I still can't understand where the promised Pixelmator Pro for iOS fits in with Pixelmator Photo now released.

2019-07-29 14:43:42

We've been working on adding Pixelmator Photo file support to Pixelmator Pro. In fact, that's one of the reasons why we bumped up the file version in the most recent 1.4 update. Presets will also be shareable between the two apps in the future.

As for a Pixelmator Pro app for iPad, it is currently not in development for a few different reasons and Pixelmator Photo will be our focus on iOS in the near to medium term.

2019-07-29 15:08:33

Thanks.

I did think that Pixelmator Pro for iPad was probably referred to in an old post and that you had changed to Photo instead.

Just to be clear, should Pro now open Photo files? I am unable to do so with old images created in Photo. Is this a feature coming an a future release or do I need to re-save the images originally created in an older version of Photo?

2019-07-29 15:11:59

by Stephen Jones 2019-07-29 12:09:30 Just to be clear, should Pro now open Photo files? I am unable to do so with old images created in Photo. Is this a feature coming an a future release or do I need to re-save the images originally created in an older version of Photo?
Not quite yet, this feature is indeed coming in a future update. :wink: